2020 Spring Refining and Equipment Standards Meeting
For the past few weeks, API has been paying close attention to the developing news about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). After much thoughtful deliberation and evaluation of the evolving situation, we regret to advise that we decided to cancel all of our widely attended meetings and conferences through at least May 1, 2020.
All registered attendees will receive a full refund of their registration fee(s). Sponsors and Exhibitors will also receive a full refund. As you can imagine this entails processing a significant number of transactions so we ask for your patience while we process refunds as quickly as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause to you and your business needs. In making this difficult decision, paramount is the health, safety, and welfare of our attendees. We acknowledge that the increase in company-mandated travel restrictions, as well as growing concerns over exposure have made it impossible to ensure the execution of a successful conference experience this spring.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to seeing you at a future meeting.
The Committee on Refinery Equipment, CRE, is responsible for ~160 standards that form the basis of the API Individual Certification (ICP) and Process Safety Site Assessment (PSSAP) Program. The technical subcommittees that report to the CRE are:
- Subcommittee on Heat Transfer Equipment
- Subcommittee on Mechanical Equipment
- Subcommittee on Piping & Valves
- Subcommittee on Aboveground Storage Tanks
- Subcommittee on Electrical Equipment
- Subcommittee on Pressure Relieving Systems
- Subcommittee on Instrument & Control Systems
- Subcommittee on Refractory Materials
- Subcommittee on Inspection & Mechanical Integrity
- Subcommittee on Corrosion & Materials
- Technical Data Committee – Petroleum Refining
*As not all subcommittees meet at each meeting please be sure and check the online program to verify which subcommittees are meeting at this conference.
Who Should Attend
Industry professionals in the refining and petrochemical industries such as:
- Operations and engineering managers
- Process unit engineers and specialists
- Refinery equipment specialists
Sponsor an Attendee
Share your standards expertise with the next generation of oil and natural gas professionals by providing a complimentary registration. The cost is complimentary and your sponsored attendee is welcomed at all API Standards meetings.
Complimentary registration is limited to first-time attendees only. Those persons must be sponsored, and accompanied, by a prior API standards meeting participant from the same company. Pre-registration is required. All hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the participant/attendee. You may only register two sponsored attendees, and on-site registration cannot be accepted for them.
2020 Fall Refining and Equipment Standards Meeting
November 16, 2020 to November 19, 2020
Hyatt Regency Denver
API is pleased to offer sponsor and exhibit opportunities. The application process, for both sponsors and exhibitors, is now being offered online.
Deadline for Sponsorship and Exhibitor Applications: March 16, 2020.
Marketing Requirements: All sponsors and exhibitors will be contacted by the Registrar to work with you about the following marketing information as soon as your application has been finalized in Cvent.
- Marketing contact’s full name and email address
- Company logo in JPG and EPS
- Company URL
- Company description not to exceed 100 words.
Artwork Deadline — Sponsors Only: March 9, 2020
Sponsors, if your application is for the sponsorship of items that need to be designed and produced, such as bags, lanyards, app. etc., please submit your online applications by March 9, 2020, so that we have time to have those items produced and shipped to Dallas in time for the start of the meeting.
Sponsors and Exhibitors: During the registration process, apply for sponsorship items and exhibit display tables by completing your application and confirming the agreement terms here online. If you are registering as a sponsor AND exhibitor, please answer and agree to both sets of terms when completing the registration process. If you have questions during this process, please contact the Registrar at email@example.com or 202-682-8195, 202-682-8194, or 202-682-8193.
As a Sponsor, your company is entitled to:
- An acknowledgement of exhibitors will be included in the app. The exact wording will be at the discretion of API. Acknowledgement will also be made at the Welcome Breakfast and General Session.
- Customized sign with the company name at any sponsored function.
- Your company listed as a sponsor on the API website with a link to your company website.
- Use of a "Sponsors Only Table" (shared table) in our registration area for distribution of company literature and hospitality invitations.
- Complimentary registration as described above.
- A "Sponsor" ribbon affixed to badge for easy identification.
|Monday Networking Break||$3,500||One (1) complimentary registration included|
|Tuesday Networking Break||$3,500||One (1) complimentary registration included|
|Central Coffee/Refreshment Breaks||$4,000||One (1) complimentary registration included|
|Monday Breakfast||$4,500||One (1) complimentary registration included
|Reception||$6,000||Two (2) complimentary registrations included|
|Registration Lanyards||$6,000||Two (2) complimentary registrations included|
|Wi-Fi Access in Meeting Space||$7,000||Three (3) complimentary registrations included|
|Meeting App||$7,500||Three (3) complimentary registrations included|
||$8,000||Three (3) complimentary registrations included|
|Mobile Device Power Banks||$8,000||Three (3) complimentary registrations included
As an Exhibitor, your company is entitled to:
- A six-foot, tabletop exhibit space near the registration area to for use Monday and Tuesday (Setup: Sunday, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- One (1) complimentary registration
- Wi-Fi access in the meeting space
- Welcome breakfast on Monday and all coffee/refreshment breaks each day; special networking break, 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm, Monday; and reception on Monday evening only — Additional Exhibitor Representative — $75.
- An acknowledgement of exhibitors will be included in the app with logo and marketing information. The exact wording will be at the discretion of API
- Your company listed as an exhibitor on the API website with a link to your company’s website
- Company name included on customized sign along with all other exhibiting companies and displayed in the registration and exhibit area
- An "Exhibitor" ribbon affixed to badge for easy identification
|Exhibit Display Table - (20 table spaces available)
(Includes one (1) complimentary registration.)
(Fee includes Welcome breakfast and general session, reception, and coffee/refreshment breaks only.)
- Monday, April 20, 2020: Harbor Jazz Cruise
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020: Degas House, Breakfast and Tour
*Please be sure to register your spouse/guest using an email address separate from the email address used for the primary registrant.
For inquiries about method of payment and/or split payments, please contact Brittany Ellis at 202-682-8195 or EllisB@api.org.
Deadline: April 8, 2020
Substitutions, Cancellations and Refunds: Since the spouse/guest fee fully covers the cost of each activity, no refunds will be granted after April 13, 2020. After April 13, 2020, spouse/guest refunds will be granted only if another participant pays the fee to fill the slot for the cancelled activity. The refund will be made in that case within two weeks following the end of the meeting.
|By April 8, 2020|
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast and Activities - 2 Days||$TBD|
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast and Activity - 1 Day||$TBD|
|Spouse/Guest Fee to attend the Reception
(Participants must be 21 yrs. or older to attend the reception.)
Guidelines for Participation
- On-site registration will be based on availability only and cannot be guaranteed.
- The order and type of the activities listed are subject to change. Notification will be given.
- A spouse/guest refers to a spouse or personal friend, not a business associate or staff colleague.
- The spouse/guest registration fee may not be applied to anyone who wishes to attend meetings.
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older to participate in these activities.
- Before participation can begin, the spouse will be asked to sign a general waiver of liability.
Questions?Christy Howard, Christy Hill Events, Inc at firstname.lastname@example.org or Arnetta Smith at email@example.com
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
601 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70113
Room Rate: $239 single or double occupancy.
Mention the Spring Refining and Equipment Standards Meeting, to receive the API group rate. You may also reference Group Code G-AP20.
Reservations questions? If you need additional assistance, please call 888-421-1442 (central reservations). You may also call the hotel directly at 504-561-1234 and ask for in-house reservations if you have difficulty making online reservations or have specific questions.
Reservations Deadline: March 30, 2020 by 5:00 pm, CT, or until room block is sold out. After this date and time, reservations will be accepted based on space and room type availability and at the hotel's best rate available.
Room Guarantee and Reservation Cancellation: A credit card guarantee is required to confirm and hold each individual’s reservation. Cancellations must be received by the hotel at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to arrival and a cancellation number must be obtained or the card will be charged for the first night’s room rate. Hotel is responsible for informing guests of this requirement. API assumes no responsibility.
Avoid Housing Scams
Note: API has not contracted with any third party for hotel arrangements and will not call or email you directly to make housing arrangements on your behalf.
Should you receive a call or email from a third-party provider, please collect as much information as you can and let us know immediately. “Room Poachers” have been known to act as representatives of API, or authorized providers of API, to offer room discounts or alternative accommodations to our attendees – often to the attendee’s detriment. These companies are not affiliated with API, and reservations made through these companies for our meeting cannot be guaranteed.
How It Works
This deceptive practice (called “room poaching”) is carried out by third‐party companies that act as travel agencies, wholesalers, or even API to solicit registrants for room reservations. The poacher might inform registrants that the hotel room block is “sold out,” and that if you do not book with them immediately, you may not get a room. Room poachers make it more difficult for us to meet our room block commitments, and expose us to penalties and increased room rates for our events. Room poachers often don’t deliver on promises to customers. When customers arrive, reservations are non‐existent or the hotels are not conveniently located. Sometimes the rooms have been cancelled and hefty cancellation fees have been placed on the customer’s credit card.
Don't Be Deceived
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the API Conference, please get as much information as you can (their name, company name, phone number, etc.) and pass it along to firstname.lastname@example.org. Always make your room reservation directly with the information provided by API or a trusted source.
API will use all legal means possible to prevent these groups from operating.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.