2020 Exploration and Production Winter Standards Meeting
When: January 20, 2020 - January 24, 2020
Where: Omni Fort Worth Hotel, Fort Worth, Texas
The development of consensus standards is one of API’s oldest and most successful programs. It covers about 550 standards for all segments of the oil and natural gas industry. The breadth of this vital program is an important indication of the varied industry contacts that attendees can make during the sessions and networking opportunities.
Reason for Attending
- You will be able to keep up with the latest ideas and technologies, gain knowledge, and stay technically competent, while helping to keep industry advances rolling out.
- Participate in a proven method of information exchange about problems and opportunities, sharing knowledge with international experts.
- Learn the “story behind the standard” or the reasoning and perspective that let you apply industry specifications with sound judgment.
Questions?Registration: 202-682-8195 and 202-682-8194 or email@example.com
Membership status: 202-682-8475 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Logistics: Arnetta Smith, 202-682-8149 or email@example.com
Program: David Miller, 202-682-8159 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program: Roland Goodman, 202-682-8571 or email@example.com
The Committee on Standardization of Oilfield Equipment and Materials, CSOEM, is responsible for ~275 standards that form the basis of the API Monogram Program. The technical subcommittees that report to the CSOEM are:
- Subcommittee 2, Offshore Structures
- Subcommittee 5, Tubular Goods
- Subcommittee 6, Valve & Wellhead Equipment
- Subcommittee 8, Drilling Structures
- Subcommittee 10, Well Cements
- Subcommittee 11, Field Operating Equipment
- Subcommittee 13, Drilling, Completion and Fluids
- Subcommittee 15, Fiberglass and Plastic Pipe
- Subcommittee 16, Drilling Well Control Equipment
- Subcommittee 17, Subsea Production Equipment
- Subcommittee 18, Quality
- Subcommittee 19, Completion Equipment
- Subcommittee 20, Supply Chain Management
- Subcommittee 21, Materials
*As not all subcommittees meet at each meeting please be sure and check the online program to verify which subcommittees are meeting at this conference.
Who Should AttendMembers of API Exploration and Production Standards Committees and Subcommittees. The meeting should also be of interest to:
- Users and manufacturers of oil country tubular goods
- Users and manufacturers of drill-through and well control equipment
- Users and manufacturers of well cement
- Users and manufacturers of drilling Fluids
- Users and manufacturers of drilling and hoisting equipment
- Users and manufacturers of subsea production systems
- Materials engineers
- Quality management system professionals
- Supply chain management and professionals
Sponsor an Attendee
Share your standards expertise with the next generation of oil and natural gas professionals by providing a complimentary registration. The cost is free and your sponsored attendee is welcomed at all 2020 API Standards meetings.
Complimentary registration is limited to sponsored first-time attendees only. Those persons must be sponsored, and accompanied, by a prior API standards meeting participant from the same company. Pre-registration is required. All hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the participant/attendee. You may only register two sponsored attendees, and on-site registration cannot be accepted for them.
API is pleased to offer sponsor and exhibit opportunities. The application process for sponsors and exhibitors is now being offered online.
Deadline for Sponsorship and Exhibitor Applications: December 20, 2019
Marketing Requirements: All sponsors and exhibitors, please submit the following items to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2019:
- Marketing contact’s full name and email address
- Company logo in JPG and EPS
- Company URL
- Company description not to exceed 100 words.
Sponsors, if your application is for the sponsorship of items that need to be designed and produced, such as bags, lanyards, etc., please submit your online application December 13, 2019.
Sponsors: Apply for sponsorship opportunities by completing and returning this application and agreement to email@example.com.
Exhibitors: Apply for your exhibit display table by completing your application and confirming the agreement terms here online.
For sponsor and exhibitor fees and other details, please see the following information.
(Sponsor fees do not include attendance to the 2020 Exploration & Production Standards Winter Meeting.)
|General Session Breakfast
|Central Coffee/Refreshment Breaks
|Networking Break (Monday)
|Networking Break (Tuesday)
||4 Available||NOV Tuboscope
|Mobile Device Power Bank
As a Sponsor, your company is entitled to:
- An acknowledgement of exhibitors will be included in the app. The exact wording will be at the discretion of API. Acknowledgement will also be made at the Welcome Breakfast and General Session.
- Customized sign with the company name at any sponsored function.
- Your company listed as a sponsor on the API website with a link to your company website.
- Use of a "Sponsors Only Table" (shared table) in our registration area for distribution of company literature and hospitality invitations.
- *One (1) complimentary registration with a $2,000 sponsorship. (Cannot combine Exhibitor fees with Sponsor fees to equal $2,000.)
- A "Sponsor" ribbon affixed to badge for easy identification.
(Exhibitor fees do not include attendance to the 2020 Exploration & Production Standards Winter Meeting.)
|Exhibit Display Table
(12 table spaces available)
(Fee includes Welcome breakfast and general session, reception, and coffee/refreshment breaks only.)
As an Exhibitor, your company is entitled to:
- A six-foot, tabletop exhibit space near the registration area to for use Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. (Setup: Sunday, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- Wi-Fi access in the meeting space
- Welcome breakfast on Monday and all coffee/refreshment breaks each day; special networking break, 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm, Monday and Tuesday; and reception on Wednesday evening.
- An acknowledgement of exhibitors will be included in the app. The exact wording will be at the discretion of API.
- Your company listed as an exhibitor on the API website with a link to your company’s website.
- An "Exhibitor" ribbon affixed to badge for easy identification.
- Monday: Billy Bob's Texas and Joe T. Garcia's
- Tuesday: Artistic Cookie Decorating with The Sugar Shack Bakery
(Activities, specific arrangements, and the order in which they are listed, are subject to change as late as the day of the activity.)
Spouses/guests may also attend the reception on Wednesday evening at no additional cost. A badge is required for admittance and may be obtained from the API Registration Desk.
For method of payment inquiries, please contact Brittany Ellis at 202-682-8195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spouse/Guest Program Registration Deadline: January 6, 2020
Deadline for Substitutions, Cancellations and Refunds: January 13, 2020. Since the spouse/guest fee fully covers the cost of each activity, no refunds will be granted after this date. After January 13, 2020, spouse/guest refunds will be granted only if another participant pays the fee to fill the slot for the cancelled activity. The refund will be made in that case within two weeks following the end of the meeting.
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast and Activities - 2 Days||$220.24
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast Only - 2 Days||$100
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast and Activity - 1 Day||$110.12
|Spouse/Guest Breakfast Only - 1 Day||$50|
Guidelines for Spouse/Guest Participation
- On-site registration will be based on availability only and cannot be guaranteed.
- The order and type of the activities listed are subject to change. Notification will be given.
- A spouse/guest refers to a spouse or personal friend, not a business associate or staff colleague. The spouse/guest registration fee may not be applied to anyone who wishes to attend meetings.
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Before participation can begin, the spouse will be asked to sign a general waiver of liability.
Questions?Christy Howard, Christy Hill Events, Inc at email@example.com or Arnetta Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
The API room block, and the Omni Hotel, are currently sold out. The following hotels are close to the Omni with the Hilton being the closest. API does not have a room block with either of these hotels.
Hilton Fort Worth
815 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
(As of December 16, 2019, this property has limited availability.)
(Located in Sundance Square)
200 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
(As of December 16, 2019, this property has good availability.)
You may call the Omni periodically to check to see if any rooms become available.Omni Fort Worth Hotel
1300 Houston Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Room Rate: $209 single or double occupancy
Mention the API Winter Standards Meeting, to receive the API group rate.
Reservations questions? If you need additional assistance, please call 800-843-6664 (central reservations). You may also call the hotel directly at 817-535-6664 and ask for in-house reservations if you have difficulty making online reservations or have specific questions.
Reservations Deadline: December 27, 2019 by 5:00 pm, CT, or until room block is sold out.
After this date and time, reservations will be accepted on a space and room type availability basis and at the hotel's best rate available.
Room Guarantee and Reservation Cancellation: A credit card guarantee is required to confirm and hold your reservation. Cancellations must be received by the hotel at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to arrival, and a cancellation number must be obtained, or your credit card will be charged for the first night’s room rate.
Avoid Housing Scams
Note: API has not contracted with any third party for hotel arrangements and will not call or email you directly to make housing arrangements on your behalf.
Should you receive a call or email from a third-party provider, please collect as much information as you can and let us know immediately. “Room Poachers” have been known to act as representatives of API, or authorized providers of API, to offer room discounts or alternative accommodations to our attendees – often to the attendee’s detriment. These companies are not affiliated with API, and reservations made through these companies for our meeting cannot be guaranteed.
How It Works
This deceptive practice (called “room poaching”) is carried out by third‐party companies that act as travel agencies, wholesalers, or even API to solicit registrants for room reservations. The poacher might inform registrants that the hotel room block is “sold out,” and that if you do not book with them immediately, you may not get a room. Room poachers make it more difficult for us to meet our room block commitments, and expose us to penalties and increased room rates for our events. Room poachers often don’t deliver on promises to customers. When customers arrive, reservations are non‐existent or the hotels are not conveniently located. Sometimes the rooms have been cancelled and hefty cancellation fees have been placed on the customer’s credit card.
Don’t Be Deceived
If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the API Conference, please get as much information as you can (their name, company name, phone number, etc.) and pass it along to email@example.com. Always make your room reservation directly with the information provided by API or a trusted source.
API will use all legal means possible to prevent these groups from operating.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.